Higher Than Hai Van Pass
Hundreds of tourists a day pass over Hai Van Pass but few ever make it to Son Tra, an area of infinite beauty and blissfully-free of souvenir vendors. This day trip takes you from the lowlands to the mountains, stopping at several other viewpoints along the way that few tourists will ever get to see. Have your cameras ready- this is one spectacular day out!
Your first stop is at Thap Bang An where we will visit a 900-year old Cham tower. Then zoom up Bo Bo Hill, also known as Hilltop 55, a site of historical importance during the American war before breaking for a coffee at a local shop. From here we begin the climb up to Son Tra reveling in the lush tropical vistas of the peninsula and the awesome riding. Rising 642 metres above the coast line, we snake around the mountain through dense foliage. Keep your eye out for monkeys, especially in the cooler months as there are plenty on the mountain. Then we descend along the other side of the mountain to see Vietnam’s biggest Buddha statue and down toward the fishing villages where the colorful wooden boats are moored along the coast. Making our way back to Hoi An there is time for one final stop at Marble Mountain before returning to Hoi An.
- Experienced English Speaking Guide
- Jeep and Driver, or Motorbike, or Semi-Automatic Scooter
- Personal, local licensed driver, if required (for pillion passengers)
- Entry Fees
- International Safety Standard Helmet
- Drinking Water and Soft Drinks on the Road
- Saddle Bags, Gloves & Rain Ponchos (if needed)
- Personal & Motorbike Insurance (for motorcycle accident)
- Personal Expenses/Tips
- Damages to Motorcycle, Jeep or Tour Equipment
Higher Than Hai Van Pass
2,130,000 VND (95 USD) per person.
– You can either ride yourself or sit on the back with one of our experienced drivers.
If there are two of you, it’s only 1,050,000 VND (47 USD) for the pillion passenger, if you share one bike.
* Please note, we do not offer a pillion discount for tours departing with only 2 people.
3,250,000 VND (145 USD) per person travelling by Jeep.
Children under 12 receive a 30% discount.
Brilliant day. Amazing tour through small villages, Danang, jungle, mountain peaks. Our tour leader had a huge amount of information and every rider was catered for regardless of their experience. Definitely the best day I have had in Vietnam! Don’t leave Hoi An without touring with these guys!
The modified Russian Minsk motorbikes we used we very cool looking and I felt like I was going very fast (I was told later I wasn’t!). We rode through beautiful Vietnamese countryside, saw lovely views from Monkey Mountain and visited some interesting sites including a Cham temple, Linh Ong pagoda and a US sniper base.